Welcome to the Academy
Have you heard how schools and some of your fellow faculty are using
iPads in and out of the classroom? Are you ready and willing to use an iPad in your
teaching and other faculty duties, but need assistance with getting started? Do
you need an iPad? Apply for the OIT T&L iPad Inaugural Academy. Selected participants
will receive an iPad (3rd generation) and classroom integration accessories, as
well as experience an exciting 2 day workshop on August 14-15, 2013 that will prepare
them to effectively integrate iPad into teaching and other faculty work. The OIT
Teaching & Learning iPad Academy is limited to full-time Southeast faculty.
Write a memo that states why you want to be a part of this Academy. Please address
the following questions in your 500 words or less proposal:
• Why are you willing to make the time commitment to this academy?
• What are your experiences using new technology in teaching or research?
• What instructional goals or objectives do you hope to facilitate with the iPad?
(Please include specific examples or scenarios specific to courses you are currently
teaching or will be teaching next Fall.) They can be general or specific in nature.
• How do you envision the iPad assisting you in your research and/or service activities?
• How do you expect the iPad to increase your productivity?
• In what college do you teach? Feel free to add any additional information you
feel is relevant to the decision making process.
Every effort will be made to ensure all Colleges are represented. Attach the proposal
in an email to email@example.com by May 10, 11:59 p.m.
What if you already have an iPad?
You can be a member of the OIT T&L iPad Academy, send a memo answering the same questions to firstname.lastname@example.org
by May 10, 11:59 p.m.. I am working to make it worth your while.